Here are some of our teachers' favorite sites and books. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- Horn Book Newsletter – monthly publication about books for children and young adults.
- “Do We” Really Know Dewey? – Student created site teaching the Dewey Decimal System.
- Minuteman Library Network Catalog - serving most neighborhood public libraries.
Picture Books Our Teachers Love
- Elbert's Bad Word, Audrey Wood
- Seven Blind Mice, Ed Young
- Slowly, Slowly Said the Sloth, Eric Carle
- I Want to Be, Thylias Moss
- Loving, Ann Morris
- Brave Irene, William Steig
- The Seven Silly Eaters, Marla Frazee
- C Is For Curious: An ABC of Feelings, Woodleigh Hubbard
- The Paper Bag Princess, Robert Munsch
- The Kissing Hand, Audrey Penn
- A Mother for Choco, Keiko Kasza
- The Other Side, Jacqueline Woodson
- Tell Me Again About the Day I Was Born, Jamie Lee Curtis
- I Like Me, Nancy Carlson
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Bill Martin Jr. & John Archibault
Suggested Reading for Elementary Students
- Frog and Toad (series), Arnold Lobel
- Mr. Putter and Tabby (series), Cynthia Rylant
- Because of Winn Dixie, Kate Di Camillo
- Poppy, Avi
- Holes, Louis Sachar
- Rules, Cynthia Lord
- The Watsons go to Birmingham, Christopher Paul Curtis
- The City of Ember, Jean DuPrau
- The Cricket in Times Square, George Selden
- The Stories Julian Tells, Ann Cameron