The Lesley Ellis Parents Association strives to represent and support the Lesley Ellis School Community. The goal of Parents Association is to create educational and social opportunities for Lesley Ellis families. We support current needs and ongoing development of the school, while helping to foster a welcoming family community and enrich each child’s experience at Lesley Ellis. Over the year, Parents Association organizes a number of exciting events and initiatives including:
- Social gatherings for students and families such as Family Playdates, Elementary Fun Nights, Middle School in Motion events, as well as parent-only get-togethers
- Enrichment assemblies to help supplement classroom curriculum in fun and engaging ways
- Supporting school-wide community service efforts and events like “Spring Spruce Up” that benefit the needs of our own community, as well as those of outside charities. Some organizations we have supported over the last few years include Birthday Wishes, Heifer International, Cradles to Crayons, and local food banks
- Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week activities that show our support and gratitude to those who are instrumental in making Lesley Ellis a special place for students to learn and grow
Funding for these initiatives comes from the LES School Store which offers logo/spirit clothing items year round, Square 1 Art fundraiser, the LES Gently Used Kids’ Clothing Sale, affinity programs such as Amazon Smile and Target’s Take Charge of Education and dues collected from families at the beginning of each school year.
Along with initiatives listed above, Parents Association also supports the school’s admissions, marketing, and development efforts by promoting and volunteering at admissions events, serving as ambassadors to prospective and incoming families and organizing fund raisers for the library, general operating, and financial assistance funds.
We recognize that families in our community balance a myriad of home, work and school activities each day. At Lesley Ellis busy parents, grandparents and friends of the community find many creative ways to get involved – some share volunteer responsibilities as a team, others help in classrooms, attend social events, purchase items from our fundraisers, make donations of money, goods, services or, buy a Lesley Ellis t-shirt to wear around town. Volunteer time devoted to the school is appreciated by all members of the community large and small – if parents have special talents to share, we encourage them to drop us a line and let us know what they enjoy doing. There is a very good chance that we will find a way to utilize those talents!
Ways to Support the Parents Association
With more than fifteen subcommittees, there are numerous ways for parents and friends of the school to get involved!
To learn more about committees and volunteer opportunities contact Jen Hodgdon at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to sign up for committees online, follow this link to Signup Genius: scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the green "Find a SignUp" button on the right; then enter the email address: "email@example.com" to access our account.
Family and friends of Lesley Ellis can also help support our school by purchasing everyday items online through the following corporate partnership programs:
Smile Amazon - Up to .5% of eligible purchases made at smile.amazon.com will be donated to Lesley Ellis School.
To get started:
- Go to smile.amazon.com
- Log-in to your Amazon account
- Click on “Your Account” and “Change Your Charity” under “Settings”
- In the field that says, “Or pick your own charitable organization:” type “Lesley Ellis School”
- “Schools for Children, Inc.” will come up under the Results. Click “Select”. (Though the program is officially registered though School for Children, proceeds will come directly to Lesley Ellis.)
- Bookmark “smile.amazon.com” for future reference. Purchases made through Amazon.com are not eligible for the program.
- Spread the word to family, neighbors, and friends! Anyone can participate and designate Lesley Ellis as their favorite charity.
Lands' End - Link to the Lesley Ellis School Store with a new selection of LES Spirit and Logo items
Here's how to log-on:
- Go to www.landsend.com
- Under the “uniform tab” click on "Find your School" (Note - LES students do not wear uniforms. The uniform division of Lands' End included items Lesley Ellis wanted to sell and gives a percent of our sales back to the school)
- Fill in the form with the name of the person you are shopping for and their gender
- For Grade/Status select "Spiritwear" (third from the bottom). This is important. If you try to select a grade you won't be able to access the store.
- Fill in the remaining school information and click "Find my School" Lesley Ellis should come up under the search results. Click "Select School" and shop away!
- Please note that the store is gender specific. If you are shopping for a girl you won't see boys items and vice versa. You have to individually add each person you are shopping for.
Target Take Charge of Education - 1% of purchases made with Target Red Cards will be donated to the school.
Thank you for supporting Lesley Ellis School!